How to Fix McAfee Error 12152 in Windows 10?
When you try to download and install your McAfee antivirus programme, you may see one of the following messages: McAfee Error 12152 Windows 10 or McAfee Error 7305, or one of the following messages:
Unable to Proceed with the installation
The installation went wrong for some reason. Here are some of the fixes you’ll consider. Still having issues? Specify issue code 12152 when contacting McAfee Tech Support.
To Learn more about it, Continue to Read.
- McAfee Error 12152 Windows 10 Symptoms:
- The active programme window crashes when “Error 12152” appears.
- When you run a similar programme, your computer sometimes crashes with Error 12152.
- The message “Mcafee Error 12152” appears.
- Windows is slow and takes a long time to respond to mouse or keyboard input.
- Your computer “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
During programme installation, while a McAfee, Inc.-related computer code programme (e.g. McAfee Antivirus) is operating, during Windows startup or shutdown, or maybe during the installation of the Windows software package, these 12152 error messages will appear. Keeping track of when and where your 12152 error occurs can be useful information in troubleshooting the problem.
Causes of McAfee Error 12152 in Windows 10 :
- McAfee Antivirus software system download error or incomplete installation.
- A recent McAfee Antivirus-related software system modification caused corruption in the Windows written account (install or uninstall).
- Windows system data or McAfee Antivirus-related programme files have been corrupted as a result of a virus or malware infection.
- McAfee Antivirus-related files were accidentally or intentionally removed by another programme.
- Runtime Errors like “Error 12152” can be caused by a multitude of things, therefore you should troubleshoot all of the possible causes to prevent it from happening again.
How Can I Fix McAfee Error 12152?
Repair the registry in Windows 10 Error 12152-related entries.
To manually fix your Windows registry, create a backup by exporting some of the registry connected with Error 12152 (for example, McAfee Antivirus):
Perform a Complete Malware Scan on Your Computer.
There’s a possibility that your 12152 error code is linked to a malware infection on your computer. These malicious attackers will harm, corrupt, or delete files connected to Runtime Errors. Furthermore, there’s a possibility that the 12152 error you’re seeing is a component of the computer infection itself.
Get Eliminate of the Junk in Your System (Temporary Files and Folders) Disk Cleanup is a Programme that Cleans up your Hard Drive (Cleanmgr)
Your computer accumulates junk files over time as a result of everyday internet browsing and computer use. If this junk is also not cleaned up on a regular basis, it will cause McAfee Antivirus to respond slowly or give a 12152 error, most probably due to file conflicts or an overloaded system.
Update Your Computer Device Drivers
For a variety of reasons, drivers will work one day and then suddenly stop functioning next one. The good news is that you can generally fix Error 12152 by simply updating the device driver.
To “undo” Recent System Changes, use Windows System Restore.
You can use Windows System Restore to “go back in time” with your computer to help you resolve Error 12152 difficulties. System Restore will restore your computer’s system data and apps to a previous state when everything was working properly. This will most likely save you hours of troubleshooting headaches caused by 12152 problems.
- Error 12152 asks you to uninstall and reinstall the McAfee Antivirus Program.
- Run System File Checker (“sfc /scannow”) on Windows.
System File Checker is a handy application that comes with Windows and allows you to scan for and restore corruptions in system files (including those associated with Error 12152).
Install all Windows Updates that are available.
Microsoft is constantly improving and enhancing Windows system files that are associated with Error 12152. It may even be as simple as updating Windows with the most recent Service Pack or alternative patch that Microsoft provides on a regular basis to resolve your Runtime Errors problem.
Related Blog- What are the Common McAfee Antivirus Problems?
Start a Complete Windows installation.
This is your final option for resolving your Error 12152 problem. Reinstalling Windows will delete everything off your hard drive, allowing you to start over with a fresh system. Furthermore, a fresh instal of Windows will quickly clear out any and all “junk” that has accumulated over the course of your computer’s normal use.