How to Remove or Uninstall Avast Antivirus in Windows 10?
Here 4 Methods to Completely Uninstall Avast Antivirus in Windows 10. Steps to Completely Remove Avast Antivirus. Call +1-855-590-2854. To fix the Avast error occurred during installation, open the control panel on your computer, then click “programmes,” then click “programmes and features,” and from the list chose “Avast free antivirus,” then click “uninstall,” then “repair,” or click the “update button” to get the software uninstalled. If you still can’t get it uninstalled, use the Avast clear tool. When you try to uninstall Avast to install another antivirus or reinstall it, it does not uninstall therefore a popup box appears with the message “Error occurred during uninstallation.” It’s possible that some files will remain in their current locations until the next reboot.’ Let’s look at how we can resolve this issue and successfully uninstall Avast antivirus.
Here How to Uninstall and Remove Avast Antivirus in Windows 10?
Avast offers some of the best antivirus applications available. Daily updates are provided to keep the security up to date. You get more features with the paid version, such as web and email scanners, among other stuff. Some people, on the other side, also discovered a better antivirus or found that Virus Protection is very reliable on its own. As a consequence, they are asked to remove Avast antivirus from their computer.
The proper method to Uninstalling Avast from the program and features window. This starts the Avast uninstaller, which further finishes the removal process. Uninstalling an antivirus, on the other hand, is not as easy as uninstalling any other software. Digital signatures secure antivirus files, allowing only the ‘trusted installer’ (in this case, Avast) to edit them. You will be required to provide signatures during the uninstall process in order to complete the uninstallation. To complete the uninstallation, vast creates a dummy operating system. The user would be forced to restart the computer in safe mode. Avast became the default operating system because it was the last to be installed. The Avast OS loads and opens windows in safe mode when the computer restarts. Avast then proceeded to uninstall completely, keeping only the uninstaller, registry keys, and a few files behind.
4 Methods to Completely Remove and Uninstall Avast Antivirus in Windows 10
- Uninstall the Temporary Avast OS and remove Avast as the default operating system.
- Use Avast Clear.
- Remove ESET Antivirus with the ESET Antivirus Remover tool.
- Manually delete trusted installer files.
1. Uninstall the Temporary Avast OS and remove Avast as the default Operating system.
Avast creates a small operating system that it uses to uninstall files before uninstalling. The operating system does not appear to uninstall itself after you restart your computer after it has been completed. The reason for this is that the default operating system cannot be uninstalled. When you install windows your computer, you will see the Avast OS option. If you leave it as the default OS, your computer will continue to boot into safe mode every time you restart it.
This option allows you to return to Windows as your default operating system. Once you’ve finished, Avast antivirus will be able to uninstall the residual data.
- To open the Run window, press Start/Windows Key + R.
- To open the advanced device properties window, type sysdm.cpl in the Run textbox and click Start.
- Switch to the Advanced tab. Under Startup and Recovery, choose Settings.
- The dropdown box for choosing the default operating system can be found under Default Operating System. Select the desired Option and click OK to save your changes.
- To open Run, press Windows + R.
- Enter the command msconfig.
- Open the Boot tab in the device setup window.
- Choose the Avast operating system by clicking on it and then click delete. Allow the deletion.
- Start your computer again.
- Your computer will now start normally, and Avast will have successfully removed all residual files.
Also Read- New Way To Fix Norton Antivirus Scan Problem
During initialization, press esc or F10 or F12 (depending on your computer) to set the default operating system. This displays a list of all installed operating systems as well as the option to set the default operating system. If yours isn’t working properly, look for the Avast uninstall utility.
2. Use Avast Clear
Avastclear is a simple tool from Avast’s developers that is designed to uninstall any and all Avast products already installed on a computer. Avast`clear can be downloaded by clicking here. It will prompt you to run the tool in Safe Mode automatically. Run the Avastclear executable. Follow the on-screen directions and navigate to the folder where the Avast product you want to uninstall is installed. (If you haven’t used a custom folder before, use the defaults.) Remove the item by clicking on it. Restart your computer, and Avastclear will complete the uninstallation as soon as someone starts up. You can uninstall Avastclear from your computer until you no longer need it.
3. Remove ESET Antivirus with the ESET Antivirus Remover Tool.
You can use the ESET Antivirus Remover tool instead of Avastclear if Avastclear fails to successfully uninstall Avast from your device (which is unlikely) or if you just don’t want to use Avastclear. The ESET Antivirus Remover tool is designed to uninstall almost any antivirus and anti-malware software available, including all Avast products.
Go here Download the ESET Antivirus Remover in the latest version (32-bit or 64-bit) from this one.
4. Manually Delete Trusted installer files.
If method 1 fails to remove the Avast pop-ups, you’ll have to manually uninstall the Avast files. This method will give you an advantage over trusted installer files as well as the ability to remove them.
- Go to the mentioned format. ‘C:ProgramDataAVAST SoftwareAvast’ is a folder in C:ProgramDataAVAST SoftwareAvast.
- Choose Properties from the menu bar when you right-click on the file or folder you want to remove.
- After that, go to the Security tab and then to the bottom to the Advanced button.
- After that, go to the Admin section and you’ll see that TrustedInstaller is the current owner.
- Now, press the Edit button and choose your account or the Administrators as the new owner.
- Return to the previous step and uninstall these folders/files.
- Carry on in the same manner for the remaining files and folders.
- Find all files associated with Avast and remove them using procedure steps 2–7. Go to this location (copy-paste it into your
- address bar and press enter)%windir%\WinSxS\.
- Find all files associated with Avast in this location %windir%\WinSxS\Manifests\ and remove them using procedure steps 2–7.
- Your computer must be restarted.
Keeping control of trusted owner files is not recommended, but if you are sure you will not use them again, you can simply uninstall them. This can also be seen as a last option.
Related Article- How to Download and Upgrade to Norton 360?
Get Instant Avast Antivirus Support Call +1-855-590-2854 Toll-Free
We hope you learned how to remove Uninstall Avast Antivirus in Windows 10 from this post. We also hope that the above instructions were helpful in learning how to remove Avast Antivirus in Windows 10.